As you or a relative of yours gets older thoughts often turn to planning for the future and how best you can organise your affairs for the benefit of those you will leave behind.
We recognise that this planning can often give rise to one or more ever-increasingly complex problems so our aim is to help you plan for and resolve them as efficiently and simply as possible.
You can count on us to give you or your relatives expert and friendly advice ensuring that the wishes of the person involved are achieved so far as that is possible.
You can rely on us to advise you or your relative on all the issues that need to be considered including
- Making a Will including Living Wills
- Lasting Powers of Attorney (“LPAs”)
- Court of Protection work
- capacity issues
- financial administration in connection with LPAs
- dealing with Court of Protection matters, which arise when a person lacking capacity has not appointed an Attorney
- Property transactions
- Statutory Wills
- Applications by family members or others to be appointed as a Deputy
- Assisting Deputies with specific legal issues, Court Applications or general financial management
- matters involving professional Deputies when there are no family members or friends willing or suitable to be Deputies
- disputes relating to Court of Protection matters such as the appointment of Deputies, the drafting of Statutory Wills, capacity disputes
The Legal services our older clients need cover a wide range of issues.
You can count on us to
- protect the rights and best interests of you yourself or your relatives
- to bring a friendly and caring approach to what we do
- to avoid legal jargon and speak in plain English!
- to make visits to you or your relatives at their own homes, residential or nursing homes or hospital if required
The links we have with other specialist Departments within the Firm ensure that any related legal issues can be dealt with for you in a speedy and efficient manner.