It is upsetting enough when a loved one dies but things can become more distressing if a dispute then arises as to some aspect of their Will or their Estate.
You then need a specialist Dispute Resolution Solicitor who can work closely with our Trusts and Probate specialists, to offer advice in relation to disputes relating to
- the Will – is it valid? Was it properly executed?
- Did the person who made the Will have the required mental capacity?
- Did anyone exercise undue influence on the person making the Will?
- Inheritance Act claims
Your specialist Team at Brown Turner Ross can also assist with:
- Applications to remove or substitute Executors/Trustees
- claims against other professionals for negligent drafting
- claims for/against Executors/Trustees for negligence
- Applications regarding contested ownership of property
- Powers of Attorney disputes
- a review of the administration of an Estate
- Court of Protection matters including the appointment of Attorneys and their actions
- claims for people who feel they you have not received sufficient financial provision from a parent or loved one where they had a financial dependence on that person during their lifetime
The law relating to Trust & Probate disputes is very complex, but our specialist Solicitors will provide sensitive, proactive and timely advice at what can be an extremely distressing time for those involved in a disputed estate.
You can rely on our specialist knowledge in these areas to help you understand the position and advise you on the most appropriate action to take at such a difficult time.
We handle matters sensitively and are committed to finding cost affective solutions. The costs of disputing a matter in Court can be substantial. We can advise on the benefits of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to resolve matters amicably where possible.