There are certain advantages for you in securing a County Court Judgment against your Debtor because they
- are registered and
- can create difficulties for the Debtor in obtaining credit
However, simply obtaining a Judgement does not mean the Debtor will pay up! It is usual for a Default Judgement to have to be enforced.
How can you enforce a Judgement?
We will advise you on the best options available to you which will include
- instructing a County Court Bailiff for Judgment debts of less than £600
- instructing a High Court Enforcement Officer for Judgment debts over £600
- Charging Order Applications relating to property owned by your Debtor
- Attachment of Earnings Applications
- insolvency procedures – see Statutory Demands – Bankruptcy – Winding-Up
We will always aim to recover your costs.
The cost of most enforcement processes is recoverable from your Debtor and is simply added to the balance of the judgment debt.