POLICY BRIEF AND PURPOSE
This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. You are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It is important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This coronavirus (COVID-19) company policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines. If so, we will update you as soon as possible by email.
This coronavirus policy applies to all of our employees who physically work in our office(s). We strongly recommend to our remote working staff to read through this action plan as well, to ensure we collectively and uniformly respond to this challenge.
Here, we outline the required actions employees should take to protect themselves and their co-workers from a potential coronavirus infection.
SICK LEAVE REQUIREMENTS
If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, request sick leave via Moorepay or work from home.
If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you can return to the office only after you have fully recovered, with a GP note confirming your recovery.
WORK FROM HOME REQUESTS
If you are feeling ill, but you are able to work, you can request to work from home by contacting your manager.
If you have recently returned from areas with a high number of COVID-19 cases, we will ask you to work from home for up to 14 calendar days, and return to the office only if you are fully asymptomatic. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
If you have been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, request to work from home. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
If you are a parent and you have to stay at home with your children, request to work from home. Follow up with your manager or departmental leader to make arrangements and set expectations.
If you need to provide care to a family member infected by COVID-19, request to work from home. You will only be permitted to return to the office up to 14 calendar days after your family member has fully recovered, provided that you are asymptomatic or you have a GP note confirming you don’t have the virus. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
TRAVELLING / COMMUTING MEASURES
- All work trips and events will be cancelled/postponed until further notice.
- In-person meetings should be done virtually where possible.
- If you normally commute to the office by public transportation and do not have other alternatives, you can request to work from home as a precaution.
- If you are planning to travel voluntarily to a high-risk country with increased COVID-19 cases, we will ask you to work from home for up to 14 calendar days. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
GENERAL HYGIENE RULES
- Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands (follow the 20 second hand washing rule). You can also use the sanitizers in reception and on each floor.
- Unless exempt, please wear a face mask in the office (unless at your own desk)
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Open windows regularly to ensure open ventilation.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- If you find yourself coughing/sneezing on a regular basis, avoid close physical contact with your coworkers and take extra precautionary measures (such as requesting sick leave).