Sam qualified as a Solicitor in 2002 and became a Partner in the long established Southport
based Law Firm, Brown Turner & Co in 2006. In 2008 Brown Turner & Co merged with the Liverpool based Law Firm, Malcolm J Ross and she then became a Partner in the new Firm Brown Turner Ross. Following its incorporation in 2011 she became a Director in Brown Turner Ross Ltd.
She is a Member of The Law Society’s Family Law Panel – an accreditation awarded only to those Solicitors specialising in Family Law who meet stringent criteria set by the Law Society.
Nominated for "Professional of the Year Award" - Women in Business
In 2016 Sam was nominated for "Professional of the Year" with the winner due to be announced at the fifth annual Women in Business Awards Dinner on March 3rd.
She specialises in
- Financial resolution following marriage breakdown
- Pre-nuptial Agreements
- Deeds of Separation
- Child Care issues
She has built up a reputation for acting for high net worth Clients throughout England & Wales where the joint asset values are high and give rise to complex dispute resolution covering Pension transfers, Taxation, Share valuations etc.
With extensive experience in Children Act matters she has for many years been instructed in multi party Proceedings involving complex child care issues.
- a Collaborative Law Member and an active Member of the Merseyside Collaborative Law Group
- a Member of Resolution – an organisation committed to the constructive resolution of Family disputes by use of a Code of Practice designed to ensure that the interests of the whole family are considered & especially what is in the best interests of the children
She regularly undertakes her own advocacy on behalf of Clients and the drafting of documents – both areas of expertise conventionally dealt with by Barristers.
The skills she has acquired from dealing with highly complex Family litigation also see her dealing with a limited number of business disputes for Clients and the drafting of Commercial documents.
Sam is recognised as a first class Advocate and Family Law expert. Her ability to analyse complex issues and, advise on the best possible outcome for her Clients which she then fearlessly strives to achieve, make her the Lawyer of choice for an ever increasing Client base.
Sam Bushell – Personal Background
Away from the Office Sam has a keen interest in
- horse riding
- eating out in fine restaurants (especially good sushi and sashimi) and
- sampling the occasional glass of fine red wine
More About Sam