Buying or selling a home is one of the most important transactions most of us ever make. We want to make it as easy for you as we can and will do all we can to make sure that everything goes smoothly.
This Charter tells you what you can expect from us.
The Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme (CQS)
The Law Society set up the Conveyancing Quality Scheme in February 2011 with a view to establishing a recognised quality standard for residential conveyancing. We were first accredited in December 2011 and have been re-accredited every year since then. This means that you can be sure that:
- All of our staff who deal with your transaction have the highest level of integrity;
- We adhere to good practice management standards;
- We use prudent and efficient conveyancing procedures through the Scheme Protocol;
All of this is designed to drive up standards of service and to benefit you as our client.
What you can expect from us:
- When you contact us to discuss your sale or purchase we will explain clearly the steps in the process and what you can expect from your Solicitor
- We will tell you what the costs will be
- We will keep you informed of progress in your sale or purchase
- We will work in line with the quality standards of the Law Society’s CQS.
- Treat you fairly
- Be polite and professional
- Respond promptly to your enquiries
- Tell you about any problems as soon as we are aware of them
- Ask for your feedback on our service.
If you want to complain about a Solicitor, please ask for details of our firm’s Complaints Procedure.
If you have any other concern about the firm as a member of the CQS please contact the Law Society Team: firstname.lastname@example.org